Work Outdoors as a Seasonal Interpreter Recreator
February 9, 2023 | Permalink
What is a Seasonal Interpretive Recreator?
Are you interested in working outdoors at one of our 57 amazing Tennessee State Parks this summer, or know someone who is? Applications are now available for Seasonal Interpreter/Recreator positions!
Seasonal Interpreter/Recreators provide interpretive programs for park guests such as guided tours, hikes, workshops, canoe floats, demonstrations, campfires, and other outdoor activities. They assist park rangers in the protection of natural and cultural resources of the parks.
Candidates should have completed enough college credits to be a rising Junior or higher. Candidates should enjoy the outdoors, be interested in exploring a career with state parks, and be comfortable working with the public.
People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please consider applying. Diversity of experience and skill combined with passion is key to excellence.
Multiple parks across the state are currently accepting SIR applications. To apply, all applicants (regardless of their preferred park) will apply using the link below
Why become an SIR?
- Grow your resume in the outdoor field
- Learn to develop interpretive programs on the primary and secondary park themes
- Experience the duties of a Park Ranger first-hand
- Spread your passion for the outdoors with park visitors
What Parks Are Hiring?
- Big Cypress Tree State Park
- Big Hill Pond State Park
- Chickasaw State Park
- Fort Pillow State Park
- Harpeth River State Park
- Montgomery Bell State Park
- Mousetail State Park
- Natchez Trace State Park
- Pinson Mounds State Park
Questions about SIR jobs at West TN parks? Contact Regional Interpretive Ranger, David Haggard at [email protected].
- Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park
- Booker T. Washington State Park
- Cedars of Lebanon State Park
- Cumberland Trail State Park
- Cummins Falls State Park
- Edgar Evins State Park
- Fall Creek Falls State Park
- Henry Horton State Park
- Long Hunter State Park
- Old Stone Fort State Park
- Red Clay State Park
- South Cumberland State Park
Questions about SIR jobs at Middle TN parks? Contact Regional Interpretive Ranger, Katie Wisniewski at [email protected].
- Big Ridge State Park
- Cove Lake State Park
- David Crockett Birthplace State Park
- Fort Loudoun State Park
- Indian Mountain State Park
- Norris Dam State Park
- Rocky Fork State Park
- Sgt. Alvin C. York
- Warriors Path State Park
Questions about SIR jobs at East TN parks? Contact Regional Interpretive Ranger, Meg Guy at [email protected].