Weddings at Tennessee State Parks

Weddings at Tennessee State Parks

From first dates to engagements and weddings, Tennessee State Parks foster love and provide the perfect spaces for you to celebrate. Couples find state parks ideal for rehearsal dinners, wedding ceremonies, receptions, and anniversary celebrations. Whether you're looking to hold an intimate outdoor ceremony under a canopy of trees or a large formal affair inside a beautiful venue, Tennessee State Parks are perfect locations for the wedding of your dreams.

Why Choose a Tennessee State Park?

Whether you consider yourself an outdoor enthusiast or you admire the beauty of natural spaces, a Tennessee State Park venue may be the perfect spot for your wedding. With outdoor and indoor venue options, on-site guest accommodations, and breathtaking natural beauty, state parks have a lot to offer. As with any venue, there are lots of factors to choosing the right space that fits your needs and wants. Here are some blogs that will help you envision what your Tennessee State Park wedding can be.

Couple kissing outdoors under string lights at Cedars of Lebanon

You don’t have to spend a fortune to have the wedding of your dreams. We sat down with newlyweds Casey and Elizabeth to talk about their November wedding at Cedars of Lebanon State Park.


Wedding party posing in a field of flowers at Roan Mountain State Park

How do you decide on a venue when there are so many parks to choose from? In this blog, Karman Meyers discusses her top five tips for planning a Tennessee State Park wedding.


Smiling couple wearing wedding attire running through the grass with mountains behind them at Cove Lake State Park

Planning a Wedding?

Here are a few steps to take to start planning your wedding at Tennessee State Parks.


One of the most important steps of planning a wedding is to pick the venue. To plan a wedding in a state park, you need to first find a park that interests you. Each park is different and location is an important factor. Some parks have indoor space, while others only offer outdoor weddings and many offer both. These are all things to consider when choosing a park that interests you.

Click on the links below to see what each park has to offer and to find one that will work for your special day.

West TN

Middle TN

East TN


Bicentennial Capitol Mall

Big Ridge

Meeman-Shelby Forest

Cedars of Lebanon

Cove Lake

Natchez Trace - Offers an On-Site Lodge

Cumberland Mountain

Harrison Bay

Paris Landing - Offers an On-Site Lodge

David Crockett

Norris Dam

Pickwick Landing - Offers an On-Site Lodge

Fall Creek Falls - Offers an On-Site Lodge

Roan Mountain

Reelfoot Lake

Henry Horton - Offers an On-Site Lodge

Warriors' Path


Montgomery Bell - Offers an On-Site Lodge



Standing Stone


Tims Ford


Nashville Area Venues



After you've picked several parks that might work for your needs, it's time to contact our group sales staff to see what dates those parks have available for weddings. Click the button below to complete the Event Information Request Form.

Once you have completed the form, a Tennessee State Parks representative will contact you to help plan your event.


Serving Alcohol at Your Wedding at Tennessee State Parks

Can I serve alcohol at my wedding?

Yes, it is possible to serve alcohol at your wedding in a state park. The easiest way to do so is at a lodge, conference center, restaurant or lounge within our parks. Everyone wishing to serve alcohol at any park venue outside of the facility licensed to sell alcoholic beverages (i.e. lodge, conference center, restaurant) must apply for an Alcohol Use Permit. The Alcohol Use Application Form (link to form is below) must be completed and returned to the park at which you are having your event. There is a fee associated with the permit, and approval is at the discretion of Park Management. Service of alcohol is subject to local and state ordinances. Please click the link below to open the form. Once opened, download the form to your computer. You can then reopen the form and fill it out online.

Alcohol Use Application Form

Outdoor Wedding at Fall Creek Falls Buzzard Roots Overlook

Can I have my wedding outside (waterfront, field, near a waterfall, etc.)?

Yes! Our parks are beautiful, and we want you to be able to take advantage of the surroundings for your wedding. In order to have your wedding in an area not normally reserved for such occasions, you will need to complete the Special Use Permit Application. The Special Use Permit is intended for events that exceed basic rental expectations for the specific site, as determined by Park Management. The Special Use Application Form (link to form is below) must be completed and returned to the park at which you are having your event.

Special Use Application Form

Examples of special events that exceed basic rental expectations include, but are not limited to:

  • Exceeds seating capacity for the structure and requires expanding into the surrounding area to accommodate all event attendees;
  • Installation of tents, portable toilets, or other temporary structures; or
  • Outside vendors will be utilized, such as a caterer.